On a lighter note, my brother will be coming to Paris next Monday. His ticket was extremely expensive, but at least he's finally coming and he'll get to meet K and all. Unfortunately my brother is leaving right before K's sisters come to visit. I'm really excited about it. I never thought that I'd be excited to meet someone's family but it's nice. I'm happy that he'll get to meet my brother though. It's going to be a nice final month, although undeniably surrounded by a invisible field of sadness and regret, it will be nice.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Dreadful!
The semester has ended (well, not until tomorrow --actually thursday but I've no need to go after tomorrow- and to get my test back ), I've got a month and a half left, me and the boy have gotten closer and closer, even after a world wind thursday night that had me briefly afraid we were through-- it only made us closer to each other and completely destroyed any feelings of uncertainty that were creeping up in my head. Saturday, after two days of him apologizing profusely and me telling him to forget about it, we went over to his uncle's place and he cooked us a nice dinner and we chatted about random things, it was really nice and oddly enough I felt at home. We actually got on the subject of what it would be like if he met my dad, what my brother his like--it's so weird! I feel sick when think that I wasted four months not with him, and even worse when I think that after we've shared so much with each other about our lives that we're just suppose to break up and move on. What are we to do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Not sure if you're on study abroad or what, but are there other avenues that you can check out (teaching assistant, internship, BUNAC, furhter studies, etc.), so you can stay (if you like the place) while having a chance to keep exploring the relationship?
I know that options are limited in France for Americans wanting to stay, but I hope you get an opportunity to explore this budding relationship. But only if you like France and it won't interrupt important life goals.
Yeah, I'm doing study abroad. I'd have more options to stay longer, but I have to go back to university to finish my bachelor's degree (I barely have semester left), afterwards it's likely I'm coming back to Paris/somewhere in France to do a master's, so it wouldn't be that long of a wait for us. I'm thinking we might at least try something long distance and see what happens...
Great! I hope you do get back and I will keep reading to see how things develop. As someone who does long distance, believe me when I say that it is difficult, but it can be done if both people are working hard and staying true. The Internet is your friend. ;)
awwwwwwww! haven't checked your blog in a while because I have been travelling but I am so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment