Saturday, June 12, 2010

A sigh of relief....

So with all the changes to the financial aide process for US students, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to apply for a loan until July and then, not be able to apply for my visa until late July/early August. BUT NOW I've found out that Edinburgh is able to process loan applications before July 1st, I'll be able to do my MPN and Entrance counseling as soon as the uni is put on the system (none of the foreign universities are on there yet, but they're doing a website update so I presume they'll be put on there by next week). Then, I'll be able to get my award letter and apply for my visa by early July, late June to have it by the start of August. Yay!


This means that I'll likely be moving to Scotland in mid-August, that is if K doesn't change his mind and decide he wants to move Sept. 1st to save on rent (which means I'll be in Ireland for two weeks before going to Edinburgh). It makes sense to do that, but I REALLY want to move to Edinburgh two months. The Fringe festival is going on, for one, and it'll be nice to get acquainted with the city. Aside from that, I don't really want to stay with K's 'rents again. There's been so much drama and negativity that I don't think I would be able to manage to bite my tongue again like last time.

As for work at my new fancy job, it's been great. I really like the MFAH and I'll love learning about all the contemporary artists.

Now, it is time for... US v. Britain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope everything works out for you. edinburgh is a very tiny city. you might find yourself exploring the countryside or hoping a train around uk once you've exhausted the city. luckily they do have numerous festivals throughout the year to keep things interesting.

Risse said...

Thanks!

I know it's tiny, but I did my undergrad in a town that's a fourth of its size and went for two years before I got extremely bored of it. I think I'll manage. Besides, I plan on taking a bunch of weekend trips!