Today I finished "The Outsider" and I must say, it was very thought provoking book. It's made me evaluate so much, the way I go about things, the way I view and accept the world. I'm very quickly leaning more and more towards existentialism and idea that pursue meaning in life is futile. I'd come to the conclusion a few months ago that the main reason behind my dissatisfaction with people, life spawned from the fact my wanting so badly for them to have some kind of meaning. When I find that they don't, it's new destruction for me. I've never been able to quite understand it until recently... but maybe the reason I can't find meaning in these things is that they are wholly devoid of it to begin with..? What a concept... when I came to this hypothesis I was so relieved, so contented. It explains so much as to the way I approach everything in such a frenzied manner... however, I've concluded I won't be so anxious as to take this in completely as truth. What I will do instead, though, is read some more and analyze and experience and live, after which point I'll be able to make some kind of solid decision. It is nice to finally feel a little more calmed, although my head is swirling with thoughts.
I've got a few books on my agenda currently, some of them I haven't gotten yet. I found The Stranger today at B&N for a reasonable price, so I'll be reading that. Something else I found was French Vogue! Isn't that interesting? I can't believe I found French Vogue in Houston, well, I guess it's not so shocking but... still. I also found another French magazine that I had to buy. Got to love those fashion magazines.
I'll be working from home today, so it'll be a lazy day. I won't have to get up so early and, thus, am free to linger in sleepless wonder for a few hours before falling back to sleep. Yippee!
Here's my current "to read" list:
The Stranger A. Camus DONE
Naked Lunch W.S. Bourroghs
The Howling and other poems A. Ginsberg DONE
Anything by Sartre (Nausea) ALMOST
The Marriage of Heaven and Hell W. Blake
The Doors of Perception A. Huxley
Death on the Installment Plan L. F. Celine
No comments:
Post a Comment