j'en ai marre d'être si loin de ce que je veux.
"Qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire... qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire. qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire. qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire.qu'est-ce que je peux faire? je sais pas quoi faire."
-Marianne de Pierrot le fou
3 comments:
"You speak to me with words and I look at you with feelings".
What exactly is wrong with the conversation classes? Are they not really guided or are people just stupid?
This post was extremely melodramatic. I honestly just had a revelation-- I think it's a little bit of me having high expectations of myself and people and things here, and then when my standards aren't met I blame it on others-- when it's not really their fault. At this point, because I've met so many anglophones, I just get thoroughly annoyed with them because I didn't come all this way to speak English! That's the main thing that's been bothering me... I just want to speak French all day, not wonder where I can go other than class to practice. I guess I just imagined everything would be only in French just like everything is predominately in English in the US.
More specifically concerning the CIJP meeting I'm referring to in this post, the fact that it's not guided very well and that I'm tired of conversations that revolve around the typical questions you ask a foreigner (do you like Paris? what do you miss? what do you think of the French accent? What do you study? Why are you here?") makes it more annoying because I feel like I never get past this introductory point. It makes it difficult to have a conversation, or feel like it's worth it, when everywhere I go I'm asked the same questions and never really learn anything about the people I meet (except for the anglophones) or any good vocabulary.
Today was much better though, since I went to the conversation meetings at my university that are free and only in French. I was relieved to find that it was ten times better than any other language exchange meeting I've gone to thus far. A much more in depth conversation where we learned vocabulary and everyone had an opportunity to speak. I think I'll pass on paying 2 euros for the CIJP meetings so I can listen to someone other than me butcher the French language. :P
sorry for the long reply, it's just been bothering me so much!
btw, I love that movie! I just watch it again a few days ago-- one of the best!
Unfortunately a lot of people seem to have the same problem when they go to Paris (or to France in general). It's too easy to find Anglophones or then the French people you meet just want to speak English!
I was contemplating joining the AVF association as they are doing FLE conversation classes but when I rolled up to find out about it it turns out it's not guided whatsoever so basically you just end up practicing French with other foreigners randomly, which can be a bad thing if no one is there to guide and correct then you end up learning a bunch of bad habits.
I did this formation for a little while with other foreigners and I ended up subconsciously picking up a crazy habit from a Russian woman who always said 'ca veut dire quoi?'. I knew beforehand that it's 'qu'est-ce que ca veut dire' but somehow I ended up saying this nonsensical line without even realising it.
The conversation classes at the uni sound a lot better and they are free too!
Post a Comment