Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10 days

My graduation was Saturday and I am so happy it's all over. I can't say it was that great (with my rather annoying family being around, rearranging plans that had been rearranged specifically for them, and then the dreaded barbecue), but after all the shenanigans it was alright. Me and K have been enjoying all the extensive (and expensive) remodeling my parents have done to their place and we'll finally be back in Denton tomorrow to sadly away K's departure in ten days. I'm already so sad! Maybe the volcano will kick off again and he'll be stuck here for another week (that is, if he doesn't find out he's stuck in the US after he's in Chicago, where he's flying out... :/).

Aside from that, I found out today I got a scholarship from Edinburgh, 3000 pounds (about $4300) off my tuition! So happy! Hopefully I'll get the Scottish Satire scholarship as well, which would give me a total of 5000 pounds off my tuition (nearly half!).

I'm kind of ready for summer to start, although I've still got some loose ends to tie up (sending my transcript to Edinburgh after my degree is posted, packing crap, buying clear piercing retainers for work, reading K's 2nd book draft before he leaves). As soon as summer starts it will end, then I'll be flying off to Europe again! YIPPEEE!

2 comments:

Viajera said...

Great to hear that your graduation wasn't totally busted! Just imagine: Hardly any of those pesky relatives will be willing to fly for your NEXT convocation. ;)

Congrats on money earned. Still searching, but not holding my breath. lol

Oneika said...

Excited for you!