(Two weekends ago) was literally too much of everything after K and I finished helping a friend shoot a short film for his class. Too much alcohol, too much partying, and way too much of "the doors" blaring in my ears from around 1 am to 10 am, when K conked out and left me jittering about the apartment unable to sleep. I was literally wide awake until 11pm sunday night... TOO MUCH PARTYING! I'm still recovering... and so is K; this is by far the most sedate both of us has been for a while. Hahah.
Today (last week, actually) we're treating ourselves to a nice meal at the local Thai restaurant after we finish filming (hopefully the place will still be open when we're done).
With graduation in two weeks, I am officially starting my summer diet. I've somehow managed to gain 5 pounds since coming back from Paris that will not stay off (I've lost 5 and then some, then gained it back and then some, repeatedly). I'm sure it's partially got to do with the fact that my boyfriend 1) likes to party 2) can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight 3) thinks i can eat whatever i want and not gain weight, and therefore is always offering me the junk food he's eating and, finally 4) i have little willpower.
All of the above was written last week but I never got around to posting it. Aside from the above, nothing's happened aside from having taken my finals and, impatiently, waiting for graduation on Saturday, final transcripts on Monday, and my official acceptance letter from Edinburgh... whenever it comes.
Now, apparently, my dad's side of the family is coming to my graduation barbecue this weekend. I actually don't want them to come, unless they bring money (I've got credit cards to pay off!). It's sad, but true. For some reason people from the past always leave bad tastes in my mouth. It'll be worse because it's a class between my future (K, grad school) and the past (opinionated, uninteresting relatives I've not seen nor have wanted to see in years). Returning to Houston in less than a month, and K leaving is worse enough, but to have a taste of the repression that is my family is borderline too much. AH!
On a lighter note, I'm dying my hair again. I've decided on a lighter version of what I have now (essentially, touching up my roots and lightening the rest do i have highlights). You'd think it wouldn't work out well, but it does. I might go and buy dye today, out of pure boredom with my hair.
3 comments:
Oh! Congrats! ;)
I can hear ya. My Mom brought family I didn't want to see to my ceremony. But it is possible to ignore them. Other than the greeting and the goodbye, I seriously don't remember them. Too much will be going on, so you'll be fine.
What color are you using? I just did mine and it didn't show up.
I used Dark and Lovely in Honey Blonde. It didn't get as blonde as I wanted, but I think I'll get blonde highlights done professionally. I might take a picture soon and post it.
THANKS for the comments! :)
Post a Comment