I'm honestly content with that, I mean...there are probably tons of people with years of "real" teaching experience (not just tutoring) that were given first dibs. But still, what a pain! It's not a pain because I don't think I'll be given a spot (everyone from last year that was waitlisted was offered a position), the problem is that I REALLY need the offer to be either for Rouen or Paris. It would make my life easier, seriously. And I'm afraid that the longer I'm on the waitlist, the less likely I'll get one of these (in my logic anyway). The other thing is, I really wanted to know that I had a job, even if it's to start a billion months from now in October. Oh well. Je dois attendre.
In the meantime, the 16th of April I have to turn in my application for art school, but....I probably won't have my expensive ass French language test results...apparently they haven't even gotten the results for the tests taken in February yet (I took mine at the end of March). Things are not going my way!
On a happy note, K's job is renewing their contract with the nursing schools next year and, since people aren't going to return to work, I could get a position there at 23 euros an hour too! Which would be amazing...I will cross my fingers.
------
Now on to lighter things. As I've got quite a bit of time on my hands between French classes, my new work, and job hunting, I've been surfing the net for new ways to do my hair. I have reached complete and utter boredom with it, to be honest. In the past few months I've henna it red, I attempted to dye the front blonde (was too afraid of damage to leave the dye long enough), did black, and then light brown poetic justice braid extensions and other random things (thankfully nothing that's damaged it). Lately my style of choice is thousands of mini-twists. It's been good since I can get a bit of length and style variety. It's nice, but I want something different. Like these bad babies:
I'm lusting after these twists. Seriously lusting. I love them because they look so natural and now that I've essentially achieved my dream mini-twist look, I want to start protective styling until my hair is thick enough to look like that. Until then, I will use extensions. Only problem is, getting hair here (called meches) is harder than in the US because 1) there's not a BSS every on every corner 2) the hair is usually super expensive! It's not too bad I guess considering I can put them in myself, but still...
Alas, I will wait until I can buy a bundle at home.

No comments:
Post a Comment