After watching have of Les Poupées Russes and losing interest in the second part for now(after looking for French subtitles for the ENTIRE movie and coming to no avail) I've been surfing the net for a good half hour. I suppose I'm looking for something but haven't quite figured it out...
The most annoying thing about the summer for me is the restlessness that arises so quickly. I can't stand too much repetition and boredom, and the métro-boulot-dodo of each day wears thin very quickly. It is, however, easier to get through it all with the knowledge that all the work of the summer is contributing to la Catho and what I hope will be five months of sponteneity and progress.
My interest in the German language has been sparked since watching Der Kaiser und die Kaiserin. In high school I went through a stint of learning as much German and Japanese as I could(in regard to German, it was a lot). So now when I look at beginner's German lessons all the technicalities that would have annoyed me to no end seem so easy to understand and remember. I was contemplating taking a German course at uni but I think I'll go it alone and then study abroad the summer I graduate in Germany. I say "study abroad" because it seems there are a lot more scholarships, grants, fellowships, etc. for studying in Germany versus France. Oh well, I still love French immensely. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment