Thursday, August 5, 2010

foiled again! but happy either way...

I just got an email from Edinburgh saying the letter was sent today, not last week. Oh those scoundrels!

Well, at least I have confirmation I suppose. Now I'm just wondering if I should change my biometric appointment from tomorrow to later next week or just go ahead and do it now? Next week is going to be so busy that I'd prefer to get it done tomorrow...

but what if the letter does not come next week?

Can I truly TRUST Edinburgh *queue music of incertainty*. I hope I can now that I've actually gotten emails from two people saying it was sent out. Please don't make me regret not changing if I decide not to!

So, aside from that halfway good news, I have full good news: We have an apartment! K went to Edinburgh on Tuesday and Wednesday to look at places. At first things were looking bleak (places that are dumps, too small, no light, etc.). By the time the day was nearly over yesterday he had found NOTHING! But, of course, the last place he looked at happened to be a gem: completely and newly refurbished, new furniture, appliances, the works; a twenty minute walk to the city center (and my department!), right next to free theaters. Only downside is that it's next to a football stadium. All of this for just 25 sterling more than what we'd hoped (a total of 475, which I can deal with for all the new stuff we get!). So K did good, real good. :)

No comments: