I haven't posted in ages, not so much because I've been busy though (funny enough, I'm taking a break from working on one of four papers due in this month because I'm so bored/stuck at the moment).
So, I'm more than half way finished with my second and last semester of classes before I start working hard on the dissertation. I will likely be working full time during three months of it, as the SNGMA where I'm interning (unpaid) is hiring for a temporary, three month position as a cataloguer. I'm hoping I will be a shoe in for this but you never know.
Anyway, my time in Scotland and way too frequent trips to Ireland (only one so far, but honestly that's enough) has instilled in me a unwavering desire to go back to France. I'm not into the UK, at all, there's nothing wrong with it... it just doesn't hold my interest and I don't think moving to expensive London would help that. To be honest, the thing is I am just longing for Paris... I need that city... I breathe that city... and I don't think fighting off my love for it anymore is a good idea.
So, I've hatched a plan that has a lot of 'if's' in it, but will be set into play:
if I don't find a museum/gallery job in the UK (or US, or wherever, I'd prefer, seriously, to stay abroad)
if I am able to pass this blasted language entree exam for Paris 3's program (can you believe a DU program requires you to be a minimum of B2, which I probably am in writing and reading, in speaking and listening I'm probably more like B1)
if I don't come up with a better, cheaper option
if I actually have enough bread to go in the first place
Any suggestions on programs cheaper than 750 euros for the year would be much appreciated. The program I'm interested in doing is the DUEF 1 at Paris 3 (http://www.univ-paris3.fr/51196777/0/fiche___formation/) and, for some reason, this seems to be the only cheap program say for one I saw in Toulouse, whose deadline I missed by a day. All the other courses, including one at the university of Versailles, are ridiculously expensive (I'm talking 2500 euros for the same course Paris 3 has for 750).
My only issue with Paris 3 is the minimum of B2 requirement... I don't really get the point of it if the diploma courses get you at the level of B2 and/or C1. I don't think it'll be hard for me to prepare for B2 though... so I'm really not too worried about it. I think this is a worth-it move considering I really want to work in France in a museum/gallery position, and there's no way I'll be able to do that if my French isn't to scratch.
Anyway, we shall see... back to writing about Gauguin!
No comments:
Post a Comment