Tout va bien!
Alors, cela fait un mois je suis à Rouen et je suis super contente. J’ai déjà commencé mes cours et ils sont très bien (plutôt les camarades de classe qui sont agréables). Tout se mets en place sans beaucoup de problème et j’ai l’impression que mon français va définitivement améliorer avant le fin d’année. Je veux vraiment que cette année sera la dernière dans lequel je me bat pour avoir de l’aisance à s’exprimer en français.
So, it’s been a month since I moved to Rouen and I am extremely happy. I’ve already started classes, which are great (although it’s more so the people in my class who are cool than the class themselves). Everything has come together well without many problems, and I have the feeling my french will improve greatly before the end of the year. I really want this to be my last year battling with French fluency — I want to be fluent (even fluent-ish is enough)!
Quelque chose une peu particulière est que je pense beaucoup à continuer mes études… mais à l’école des beaux-arts. Bref, c’est vraiment particulière quand même, mais je sais que peut-être l’on peut le trouver un peu bizarre car je viens de finir mon master. Mais, je pense que, à ce moment-là, j’ai vraiment la sensibilité pour faire un diplôme (même un certificat) dans les beaux-arts, une sensibilité que j’avais manqué (par conséquence, c’était cette chose manquée qui m’a fait quitter ces cours pendant mon licence). Je pense, parce que je suis plus indépendante artistiquement (et il semble que beaucoup de programmes d’art ici sont comme cela aussi), je vais bénéficier beaucoup d’une formation dans les arts plastiques. En plus, ce n’est pas cher du tout. Donc, pourquoi pas? Du tout façon, on verra si je vais vraiment le faire, mais je pense qu’oui.
Something a little particular is that I’ve been thinking a lot of continuing my studies.. but at a Fine Arts school. Ok, so it’s not really that particular (being that I was thinking of this BEFORE my masters), but I know most would find it a bit bizarre considering I just finished my masters. But… I think that, at the moment, I finally have the sensibility for doing a Fine arts diploma (and by the end of the year I’ll have the language skills to do it). It’s a sensibility I was missing (which resulted in me not continuing with fine arts courses during my undergrad degree— not to say that was was a bad thing!). I think, because I’ve become more independent artistically (and from what I’ve seen most art programs here emphasize working independently with a tutor), I will benefit a lot to do a fine arts program here. Besides, it’s dirt cheap… so why not? Anyway, we’ll see if I decide to really do it, but I’m thinking ‘yes.’
4 comments:
Go for it! If it's what you want, you won't be "going back", but continuing.
Thanks for the support! I'm definitely going to apply this year and stop coming up with excuses (I've made so many). Besides, it's an effective way to stay in France with the right to work. :P
Hey! I was wondering what happened to you!! That's SO GREAT that you are pursuing what you really want and that you are where you really want to be! I envy you girl! I've never been to Rouen but I hear that it's very cute and quaint. I'm living in London now so thankfully I'm close enough to France when I need a taste, but I REALLY miss living there!
Thanks! How do you like London so far? I hope you enjoy the UK waaay more than I did (shouldn't be too much of a problem considering you'll be in the capital). Are you going to be teaching there?
Post a Comment