Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas time regime!

It's so close to Christmas it's crazy!

What's more crazy is I've decided to take on a healthier diet for the holidays. I've gained some weight since moving to Europe (about 5 or 7 lbs). I blame it on my boyfriend, who has actually super skinny in spite of eating everything, and the pill which has upped my appetite. So, since I'm a vegetarian, I've decided I need to add some more filling foods that include higher amounts of protein. I care more about being leaner and losing inches than how much I weigh, so I'm not focusing on counting calories only. I realized recently that I probably get about 10g of protein a day....not good at all for my muscles and, of course, my metabolism. I already exercise pretty consistently so I'm going to focus on eating more protein, more veggies, less process carbs. All of this won't be a huge change for me considering I've been slowly eliminated bad foods from my diet (hardly eat fast food, eat very few baguettes and pastas, etc.). I figure I should start adding protein now (and make it apart of my holiday meals) instead of waiting for the new year...I'm not doing anything so why not?

In other news, I'm going to Disneyland Paris this weekend (yay!). Should be fun and Christmas-y, I can't believe time has passed so quickly. I can't decide if I want to spend New Years in Rouen or finally get to see the glittery Eiffel Tower.

No comments: