Evidently I have other things to worry about in regard to that-- to fly into Houston or to Dallas. My parents are being unreasonable and unreasonable for no reason! We can't stay with them because they'd want us to have separate rooms (understandable), except there are no extra rooms in their house! That wouldn't be an option anyway, since there's no way I would put K through the horror of dealing with my father trying to get under his skin and then him having to sleep under the same roof with the man. So, I was opting for an hotel that me and K would stay in for a day while in Houston, then head down to Denton. Apparently, even THIS is unacceptable to them... although they do realize K will be spending the rest of his stay in my apartment, alone... so what's the big deal?
I think we've decided on him flying into Dallas and afterwards deciding whether or not to come to Houston. It's kind of sad considering he was adamant about meeting my parents before, now he just sees all of this as childish and has lost his zeal for the whole thing, especially with the inevitable, unpleasant encounter he'll have with my dad. I'm not very well sure I could bare seeing my dad be blatantly rude to K, for no reason whatsoever, and not say something to him about it. It's just frustrating that K's family has been extremely respectful and hospitable to me and mine won't even attempt to return that to him. He has even invited me to come to Ireland for Christmas because his whole family will be there and wants to meet me. I just don't get why mine can't be so open to people-- especially when the people are making their children so extremely happy. Now that is unacceptable.
This, however, is only a small worry. I've got a week to decide what we'll do. I might just get the hotel and let my parents deal with it as they like. Why can't we act like adults?
1 comment:
I hope it goes well and you guys have a fun time.
"Parents just don't understand"! :D Yup, they're not ready to acknowledge that their little girl is all grown up. Be patient with them. ;)
Post a Comment