Wednesday, August 26, 2009

September seems all the sweeter now!

K and I finally got a chance to talk today, after not being able to chat this weekend due to slow internet, a trip to Rouen, and him wanting to spend time with his uncle who was rather torn up he was leaving Paris, all of this, plus the 3 + messages we sent each other back and forth-- what a busy last week in Paris he had!

So, today he made his exit back to Ireland and not at all without a horrid and costly bag rules mix up with one of those blasted charter airlines, a mix up that cost him 200+ euros and a great deal of agitation, understandably.

After hearing about this whole thing, I was honestly rather worried that he wouldn't be able to buy his ticket this week as planned, but, thankfully, although his wallet is a bit bruised, all is well in that department. What's more, he'll actually be coming a week early, at the end of September, instead of the beginning of October. This is honestly about the fourth time we've changed the dates he'd be coming : Originally, when the ld relationship topic was in its prelim. stages, I had suggested January... I'm very happy that plan was thrown out the book, because I doubt either of us would have been able to last that long (missing each other tremendously ALREADY). After we talked a bit more, I said the beginning of November, then K said September, then we settled on October, now we're offically settled on the end of September and he'll stay for 10 beautiful days (well, it won't be official until the ticket is bought, but it's pretty well in stone now). I'm so excited because September will definitely zoom by, what with school, work, and graduate school applications in my cards.

I so badly what the semester to start so K can be here, then school will be out, and then I'll be off to Ireland in December/January.

The funiest thing about this semester is that, aside from one or two classes at the maximum, this really is my last semester of undergraduate. So, if I can stay the course in regard to my 4.0 streak, I will be free free free! Well... of the US higher education system, anyway. :)

EDIT:
It's official, he's coming on the 17th and staying for two weeks! Je suis ravie!