Thursday, August 13, 2009

No apartment, no classes, no baby (physically anyway), why am I here again?

I've been back in Texas for nearly two weeks and have been left with a load of regret and wonder... why am I here again? I mean honestly, I have around 8 classes to take for school to have a BA I will not be able to use for jobs at all, my dollface is across the pond being eaten by ferocious mosquitos and boredom, and I have no place to leave in Denton, where I need to be for classes and my job that starts on the 25th. Moreover, my parents, and quite frankly the whole of my family, are being the biggest "wankers" in the universe. At this rate, life has gone pretty downhill in a very short span of time.

I'm slowly moving back into my typical mode of pessimism and ceaseless complaints. Luckily, this time, I have someone who doesn't mind listening to/dealing with it.

Now, I'm drowning these things with bottles of Stella so that the gravity of my predicament doesn't bring me too far down as I await, what I assume, will be a resounding "not approved" for the one bedroom apartment I've been eyeing since the beginning of July-- a result not created from bad credit, or poor rental experience, no, no, it will be because of not enough rental experience and no guarantors with good credit. My god, how ridiculous. At worst, I'll be moving into my old apartment complex in September 1st and have to stay in a motel for a week. Ugh... excessive, but I might not have a choice. I guess this is one of those moments when I wish I had good friends.

Ok, back to the my Stella.

4 comments:

Viajera said...

Yup, I've recently been through the same rental drama. I finally got a place though, so I'm sure you'll hear some good news soon.

Do you like wine? Because if you keep drowning your sorrows in Stella, between now and the time you return to France, you may have an awesome beer gut to present to your sweetie. :D Wine's better for the body, I hear. I like Stella too, though, so I sympathize.

Viajera said...

God, your profile pic is AWESOME! I just had to say that. Are you tall and anorexic-looking? If so, ditch the books and do some modelling. ;D
(No, not trying to be an ass muncher. You're seriously gorgeous in the pic.) And your hair color... Is that your natural color? If not, what is that shade/brand, may I ask?

Risse said...

Lol, thanks! No, I'm actually rather short and average on the thin side, I suppose, but barely after all the boozing I did in Paris. :/ My hair color came from a box, lol, and it's dark and lovely honey blonde, but I only got that color after coloring it a reddish brown before I left for Paris, which is why is came out more reddish than yellow.

I do like wine, but I'm more of a heavy, clear liquor drinker (I like vodka, gin, rum, etc). I actually just learned to make long island iced tea, which is fabulous. I'll try to stay away from the beer though, because, as you said, it's known for creating the infamous beer-gut which I'm not interested it acquiring. Even my boy is shying away from the beer and starting back running this month to prevent it-- of course the former is hard for an irish man.

samselton said...

well just hurry up & finish that BA and figure out how to get yourself back to France. be positive and don't let this get you down!